Changing the Class of Vehicle from Private to PSV

If you have a private vehicle and you want to use it for PSV purposes, we suggest you to change the class of the vehicle first.

To change the class of a private vehicle to PSV and vice versa, see the following procedures:

Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)

  1. Pay all your convicted TIN’s as well as the Transferee’s TIN’s.
  2. Vehicle that is being transferred should not have any current defect.
    1. If vehicle has defects, pay the defects, clear the defects.
  3. Financial Interest should be cleared (If any), or arrangements made.

Checklists (What to bring)

  1. Write a Request Letter to the Authority that you want to change the class and the reason.
  2. Filled application form.


1 Supplementary Inspection               $​19.90
2 Inspection fees    $​13.74
3 New Registration certificate $ ​3.79
4 Change of class     $ ​8.53
  Total $​45.96


  1. Fill in the change of class form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office or online.)
  2. Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer (CSO) and pay the supplementary inspection fees.
  3. Your application will then travel to the PSV Team leader, senior vehicle examiner and the regional manager for approval.
  4. If your application is approved, the CSO will issue you with a 3rd party amendment letter where you need to go and change the 3rd party and make it PSV.
  5. Bring back the amendment 3rd party to the CSO and pay the inspection fees. Fees 1 above.
  6. Take your vehicle to the vehicle examiner for inspection. If the inspection is passed, examiner will tell you to go to the CSO and pay the fees.
  7. You will queue again at the CSO’s counter and pay the Registration certificate and change of class fees.
  8. CSO will give you a new Registration certificate. The vehicle class will be change.

Note (Important)

If the change of class is PSV to Private, same workflow will be used, but once the class is changed, the owner will have option to either surrender the Private vehicle or Pass it as Private.

  1. If you want to surrender the vehicle then,
    1. You will need to pay the surrender fee of $21.00.
    2. You will need to pay the arrears if your vehicle is expired.

  2. If you want to pass your vehicle as private,
    1. You will need to submit the updated 3rd party to the CSO and pay $14.50 for inspection.
    2. After inspection is passed, you will pay the registration fee, inspection certificate fees.

Summary Workflow

  • Change-of-Class---Private-to-PSV